September 27 & 28
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Welcome to the sixth annual Rappahannock County Farm Tour & Festival. The two-day event showcases the extraordinary rural life here on the ‘morning side’ of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We are proud of our beautiful scenery, talented people and a diverse rural economy rooted in the past while being increasingly shaped by 21st century technology. The tour & festival is comprised of more than 17 venues of the Rappahannock County Artisan Trail, offering a wide variety of experiences of interest to visitors of all ages.
• Visit organic farms where sustainable practices produce a bountiful harvest of healthy food.
• Meet students at an independent farm school who learn important life lessons while mixing academics with agriculture.
• Sample the latest releases at our wineries and learn how they are influenced by the region’s terroir.
• Buy baskets of apples that were just picked at new orchards enlivening the industry, or at historic orchards that have been here for centuries.
• Visit country stores that offer much more than tin ceilings and scarred oak counters; some have extensive regional gourmet selections.
• Great farm animals and learn about their temperaments, how they live and the roles they play at their farm.
• Sample specialty beverages whose production signals the return of small industry to our rural landscape.
• Meet craftsmen at the Artisans’ Market and healers at a spa, an hotelier at a B&B and merchants selling local products. They are all contributing to a rural economy that honors the environment, while creating opportunities for families living in this glorious, extraordinary place.
John W. McCarthy, Farm Tour Chair County Administrator
Cathie Shiff, Shepherd at Wits End Farm
Other stops on the 2014 Rappahannock County
Farm Tour & Festival
Muskrat Haven Farm & Store
Merry Moo Market
Blue Ridge Grocery
Caledonia Farm-1812 B&B
Rappahannock County Visitors’ Center
Artisans’ Market at Avon Hall
Stonyman Gourmet Farmers
The Farm at Sunnyside (Saturday only, 11 to 3)
Sperryville Corner Store
Thornton River Orchard