Gardens, Galleries and Grapes: An O Shenandoah County Artisan Trail Event
April 23-24, 2016 | 10AM-5PM
Now in its fourth year, the O Shenandoah County Artisan Trail will be hosting its signature Spring event. Gardens Galleries and Grapes is a weekend showcase celebrating all that Shenandoah County has to offer. From artisan studio tours, wine tasting, garden demonstrations, farmers’ markets and locally sourced and prepared foods.
Experience the hospitality of our community as we emerge from the winter months ready to share all that we have dreamed up and created. Twenty-one local businesses will serve as stops along the trail as they each host an Open House with special partnerships of over 80 different participants in a collaborative style.
As the sun shines, the snow melts and the crocuses bloom, stay informed about all of the trail sites by following O Shenandoah County Artisan Trail on Facebook.
Click here to download the list of participants and read below for specific event activities.
10. Earth Spirit Masks
1072 Gafia Lodge Rd Middletown, VA 22645
– Clay mask making demonstrations
– Baked goods from Woodbine Farms
14. Kary Haun Studio
E. North St. Woodstock, VA 22664
– Guest potters, ACV Juried Artisan Becky Garrity and ACV Master Artisan Nan Rothwell.
– Demonstration Videos.
16. Laughing Orange Studio
3397 Hillcrest Dr. Tom’s Brook, VA 22660
– Studio tours
23. Wolfgang Neudorfer Fine Art
3147 Mt Olive Rd. Toms Brook, VA 22660
– Open studio from 11AM to 5PM
– There will be “Open House” at my art studio, where oil, water color and pen and ink paintings will be on display. Local landscapes and the Shenandoah River are a large part of the subject matter.
– In another building, my turned wood objects, such as peppermills, bird ornaments, small bowls, vessels and lidded boxes, made of various woods will be displayed. There will also be a natural edge, redwood coffee table and a jewelry box, among other items.
25. 7 East Gallery
123 S. Main St. Woodstock, VA 22664
– Nineteen local artists represented.
27. Bowman Shannon Cultural Arts Center
5998 Main St. Mount Jackson, VA
– Spinning and rug hooking demonstrations. 3 D Printer demonstrations. Guest artisans selling arts and crafts.
– Tours of the gallery by artist docents.
36. Country Gardens
1043 Country Brook Rd. Toms Brook VA 22660
– A young artist will be showing her work for the first time, her name is Felicia Grim, she has kind of a whimsical style with animals and flowers and a few avant-garde pieces-she will also be doing face painting
– Another guest will be Jamie Cotton who raises poultry and ducks-she is actually the breeder so all her chicks come from her own flock included will be Blue Lace Red Wyandotte, Splash Orbington, Bantam Cochinsand others. She has won blue ribbons for her breeders
– We will also have a Bee display set up so people can see what it takes to set up their own beehives and important pollinators-One of my employees, Amanda Leonard, will be on hand to answer general questions about cost and raising bees as well as about the Bee Club she is a member of.
– We are setting up different growing displays for growing culinary herbs for containers, window boxes, centerpieces or simply raised bed.
simple refreshments will be served
– We will also give 20% discounts to all customers
37. Deauville Farm
7648 Crooked Run Rd. Basye, VA 22664
38. Fort Valley Nursery
1175 S. Hisey Ave. Woodstock, VA 22664
39. Mowery Orchard
24247 Senedo Rd. Woodstock, VA 22664
– Virginia Stultz and Jean Whetzel, Basket demonstrations
– Food and wine tastings
40. Natural Art & Garden Center
27358 Old Valley Pike Toms Brook, VA 22660
– Local Music and Treats, plus a whole weekend of garden demos and workshops. Shenandoah County Beekeepers offering beekeeping demos and honey for sale -observe the bees, Shenandoah County Master Gardeners will be available to answer your gardening and landscaping questions, local artists will show off their wares. Photography, clay creations, handmade wreaths and decor, woodworking and pottery. Come on by for a great weekend at our spring Open House.
– Friends of the North Fork of the Shenandoah River
– Shenandoah County Master Gardeners
– Shenandoah County Beekeepers
– Catherine’s Clay Creations
– The Front Door & Beyond (handmade seasonal wreaths and decor)
41. North Mountain Vineyard
4374 Swartz Rd. Maurertown, VA 22644
42. Posey Thisisit Llama Farm
754 Harrisville Road, Toms Brook, Virginia
Llama Shearing, Lead Rope making, Working with llama wool, tours to see the llamas, Greeting Cards handmade for all occasions, Living with llamas and more!
46. Swover Creek Farms & Brewery
4176 Swover Creek Rd. Edinburg, VA
– Farm Crafted Sausage Tasting
– Artisan Bread Tasting
– Barefoot Horse Trimming Demonstration
– Master Stone Mason speaking on the building of the Wood Fired Ovens
– Several local Artists
– Demonstration/Tasting of different beer grains
47. Winery at Kindred Pointe
3575 Conicville Rd. Mount Jackson, VA 22842
Live Music by local artsts
4/23 4-7 pm The MASH – Rockin’ Country, Blues & good ole rock-n-roll!
4/24 2-5 pm The Lampman – Accoustic easy listening
66. Shenandoah Valley Heritage Museum at the Edinburg Mill
214 S. Main St. Edinburg, VA 22824
The Edinburg Mill is hosting an Artisan Market Event with the entire first floor dedicated to nearly 40 local artists on site with their work. Plenty of parking available.
1. Debbie Dellinger Photography- Matted and framed prints displayed and for sale. Also IF the season permits, Shiitake mushrooms for tasting and sale.
2. Roberta Demski Painter
3. Robbie Namy/Circle Studio Inc Watercolors, Oils and Jewelry
4. George Van Dyke Wood Turner
5. Elizabeth Strippy Painter
6. Jeffery Beer Walking Sticks, Fly-fishing Lures, (Demonstrating)
7. Carroll Dellinger Rugs (Bringing loom and doing demonstration)
8. Elizabeth Gossert Crochet
9. Carolyn Mauck Jewelry
10. Ginny McNett Handmade Cards
11. Jane Moll Quilting
12. Anne Parks Stained Glass
13. Linda Varney Painting
14. Billie Zerkel Jewelry
15. Karen Smith Bottle-lights
16. Matthew Weatherholtz Handmade Knives and Arrowheads
17. Ty River Rustics Cutting Boards/Birdfeeders
18. Jimmy & Robin Rider Handmade Soaps
19. Gerald Dellinger Walking Sticks/Tin Figures
20. Thomas Arner Author
21. Seven East Gallery Painters
22. Dan Voss (with 7 East) Cartoonist (will be demonstrating)
23. Tom Rodriguez Spices and Rubs
24. Cami Kaplan Embellished Frames/Pillows
25. Donna Beach Shell Art, Button Wreaths
26. Baker Sister’s Bakery Breads and Baked Goods
27. Rutz’ Backyard BarBQ Saturday-Breakfast/Lunch Sunday-Lunch
28. Danielle Briggs-Hansen Photography
29. Kathy Gwyn Weaving and Llama Products
30. Eileen Lucas Honey
31. Sarah Locke Silversmith
32. Paula Dodson Baskets (doing demonstration on chair bottom)
33. Pam Drummonds Toll Painting/Cross Stitch (will be demonstrating)
34. Gloria Wegman Quilts
35. Wendel Cochran Photography/Notecards
36. Maureen Crisman Pottery (will be bringing wheel/demonstrating)
37. William Thomas Vincent Photography and The Unusual
78. Pond’s Edge Studio
810 W. High St. Woodstock, VA 22664
-Jeff Guenther, Weaving demonstrations
Courtney Burgan, Gourd art, Silk painting, Floor cloths, Embroidered items
79. Chickadees (Sunday only)
9299 N. Congress St. New Market, VA 22844
-George Jetter, pottery wheel demonstrations
80. Pot Town Organics
181 W King St. Strasburg, VA 22657
Strasburg Farmers Market will be in the breezeway!
Flower, herb and vegetable starts for spring planting.
Refreshments, soup with cheese and crackers
Barbarah Robertson Pottery
82. Smith Creek Heritage Farm
179 Grace Ln. New Market, VA 22844
Displays of Historic farm equipment, Corn shelling and cracking demonstrations.
83. Penelope’s Café and Gallery
305 N Main St. Edinburg, VA 22824
Grand Opening Event with live music, food and artwork.