Head out for a jam-packed weekend discovering Virginia’s Northern Neck on June 10 & 11, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Our Get-Away Weekend’s participants represent a joint collaboration between the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail, Northern Neck Artisan Trail and Virginia Oyster Trail with the goal of bringing together Virginia’s Northern Neck’s finest wines, arts, local foods, cultural adventures and restful get-away lodging in a distinctively beautiful landscape “Where Water Surrounds and Creativity Abounds!”
As most of the sites throughout the weekend are on a trail, you can click their links below to be directed to more information on their activities year ‘round. And, be sure to pick up a trail map/brochure the minute you hit the region!
“Like” our trail Facebook pages for updates!
- Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail Facebook
- Northern Neck Artisan Trail Facebook
- Virginia Oyster Trail Facebook
ARTS ON THE VINE – SATURDAY, JUNE 10, 2017, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m
Celebrate a delightful summer afternoon of art and wine along the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail! Each participating winery will showcase one or more artisans from the Northern Neck Artisan Trail. The artists will be on hand to talk about their work and some may conduct demonstrations. This year’s event will also incorporate local seafood as members of the Virginia Oyster Trail have been invited to provide oysters for sale during the event.
PARTICIPATING WINERIES & ARTISANS (listed in alphabetical order):
On Virginia’s Northern Neck (Click here to plan your visit using the online Artisan Trail Map):
- The Dog and Oyster Vineyard Artisan Trail Site # 52 (170 White Fences Dr, Irvington, VA 22480) Featuring: Herb Aman Photography; Talulah Design Studio – Handmade fine silver jewelry enhanced with 22k gold and semi-precious stones, with an emphasis on inspiration from the Northern Neck; and oyster dishes will be available from Byrd’s Seafood.
- General’s Ridge Vineyard Artisan Trail Site # 55 (1618 Weldons Rd, Hague, VA 22469) Featuring Helen’s Fine Arts Studio – Floral oil pastels and abstract acrylic paintings; Studio J & Two Rivers Art Workshops -Watercolors, alcohol inks and fused glass representing the passion and dynamic color palette of artist, Janice Jones.
- Good Luck Cellars Artisan Trail Site # 56 (1025 Good Luck Rd, Kilmarnock, VA 22482) Featuring select artists from the Heritage Arts Center at Rice’s Hotel/Hughlett’s Tavern – The home of four artisan guilds – see spinners, weavers and woodworkers demonstrating their skills; and,the Little Wicomico Oyster Co (Virginia oyster farm focused on sustainability).
- Ingleside Vineyards Artisan Trail Site # 58 (5872 Leedstown Rd, Oak Grove, VA 22443) Featuring: Burkes Fine Jewelers – A family-owned business specializing in nautical-inspired fine jewelry since 1969; Jarrett Thor Fine Arts – Gallery featuring an ever-changing variety of original paintings from 30+ regional artists; and, Denson’s Grocery/R&B Oyster Bar -Family-owned gourmet market, restaurant and oyster bar.
- Jacey Vineyards Artisan Trail Site # 59 (619 Train Ln, Wicomico Church, VA 22579) B. Jones Studio – Unique pottery that “draws outside the lines; and resident artist, Nancy Jacey – Original artwork, prints and designer flags; Nancy will also conduct a painting demo.
- Oak Crest Vineyard & Winery Artisan Trail Site # 63 (8215 Oak Crest Dr, King George, VA 24485) Featuring Artisans Center of Virginia Juried Artisan Dorothy Brandts of Art of Glass – Colorful works in stained glass for that special gift or decorative use in the home with select artists from the The Oak Crest Vineyard & Winery Artisan Gift Shop; and, Petite Louisiane – The fine art of Dolores Flessner,featuring themes of local natures scenes, wildlife, horses in action and religious subjects.
- Vault Field Vineyards Artisan Trail Site # 68 (2953 Kings Mill Rd, Kinsale, VA 22488). Featuring Artisans Center of Virginia Juried Artisan Bill Jenkins of Locust Farm Windsors – 18th &19th Century Windsor-style furniture made using the same techniques as the originals.
On Virginia’s Middle Peninsula (Click here to plan your visit using the Online Artisan Trail Map) :
- Caret Cellars (495 Meadow Landing Lane, Caret, VA 22554) Featuring artists and artisans from the newly developing Middle Peninsula Artisan Trail.
NORTHERN NECK ARTISAN TRAIL “OPEN DOOR TOUR” SUNDAY, JUNE 11, 2017, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
All across the Northern Neck Artisan Trail, members are opening their doors on this special day to welcome you. This day is a unique opportunity to experience first-hand the tastes, sights, sounds and inner-workings of these exceptional entrepreneurs, many of which are offering special packages and activities and are generally only open by appointment during the rest of the year. Meet the artists, artisans, agri-artisans, and owners up-close and personal as they showcase and share their creativity and passion for the region and the work they love.
PARTICIPATING TRAIL SITES (listed in alphabetical order):
- Allure Art Center Trail Site # 37 Featuring Virginia artists and artisans inspired by the beautiful natural surroundings of the Chesapeake Bay Region (419 Rappahannock Dr, White Stone, VA 22578)
- B. Jones Pottery Studio Trail Site # 4 – Ceramic Artisan, Brian Jones (591 Pumpkin Hill Rd, Heathesville, VA 22473)
- Bee’s Stained Glass Trail Site # 5 – Stained Glass Artisan, Virginia “Bee” Stumpf (233 Longfield Rd, Colonial Beach, VA 22443)
- Cathy’s Unique Pursuits Trail Site # 6 – Artist of Handcrafted Accessories, Cathy Hemans (44 Irvington Rd, Kilmarnock, VA 22482)
- Everything Mosaic Trail Site # 11 – Mosaic Artist, Sukey Starkey (98 Flood Pt. Rd, Ophelia, VA 22530)
- Falling Pines Stained Glass Trail Site # 24 – Stained Glass Artisan, Lynn Savarese (1052 Knights Landing DR
Heathsville, VA 22473)
- Historic Rice’s Hotel/Hughlett’s Tavern Trail Site # 39 – The home of four artisan guilds – see spinners, weavers and woodworkers demonstrating their skills (73 Monument Place, Heathsville, VA 22473)
- Jarrett Thor Fine Arts Trail Site # 40 – A fine arts gallery showcasing a number of “permanent” visual artists and new exhibit featuring the work of Carl Thor (100 Taylor ST #101, Colonial Beach, VA 22443)
- Kinsale Museum Trail Site # 108 – A historic river port museum featuring local artists and artisans (449 Kinsale Rd, Kinsale, VA 22488)
- Left Bank Gallery Trail Site # 20 – Artist/Painter Ferdinand C. “Doc” Dugan (8487 Cople Hwy, Hague, VA 22469)
- Locust Farm Windsors, Trail Site # 21 – ACV Juried Artisan/Woodworker, Bill Jenkins ( 551 Porter Lane, Montross, VA 22520)
- Patty Richards Art Trail Site # 12 – Watercolor Artist Patty Richards (24 West Church St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482)
- Rappahannock Art League Trail Site # 45 – The oldest and largest visual arts organization in the area featuring over 400 artist members (19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482)
- Rappahannock Mud Works Trail Site # 28 – Ceramic Artisan, Ed Ramsey (342 Front St, Sharps, VA 22548)
- Sewlovelee Trail Site # 30 – Fabric Artisan, Lee Taylor (85 First St, White Stone, VA 22578)
- Studio J & Two Rivers Art Workshops Trail Site # 128 – Artist/Painter Janice Jones (127 Carter Way, Montross, VA 22520)
- Sugar Hill Tiles @ Bostic’s Barbershop Trail Site # 31 – Artisan, Diane Bostic (7066 Newland Rd, Warsaw, VA 22572)
- Talulah Design Studio Trail Site # 34 – Jewelry Artisan, Jan Dowbrowlski (324 Marigold Lane, Weems, VA 22576)
- Zekiah Glass, Trail Site # 36 – ACV Juried Artisan/Stained Glass, Barney Harris (511 Oakley Lane, Farnham, VA 22460)
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS: